Professional Pest Solutions For Sylmar, CA Properties
Nestled near Los Angeles, Sylmar is a lovely suburban area packed with residences, examples of nature, and proximity to a full complement of businesses. Unfortunately, pests like the area as well, which is why ongoing pest control services are often a necessary expense.
Since 1951, we've been there for our residential and commercial customers in Sylmar and the surrounding area with superior pest control solutions that deliver the results you need today while keeping you protected down the road. Team up with the technicians at Ventura Pest Control to keep your property protected from all manner of pests. Reach out to us today to discuss your pest control needs and get your free estimate.
Home Pest Control In Sylmar, CA
When pests invade your home, you find yourself wanting to be literally anywhere else. That's a feeling you should never experience regarding your own home. That's why we're ready to step in and assist you with your pest problems every step of the way. We work with you to identify exactly what you're experiencing so we can provide the solutions you need to breathe easy in your own home.
Our technicians don't believe in stopping until the job is done, which is why you'll be pest-free again in no time. Contact our team at Ventura Pest Control today to discuss your residential pest control needs and get a free estimate and review our preventative service plans for your home!
Commercial Pest Control In Sylmar, CA
As a business owner, you need to keep customers and employees happy. This happens by providing a superior experience in a smooth and controlled manner. Pest infestations lead to many problems including disgruntled customers and building code violations.
Maintain smooth operations and protect your business by partnering with the technicians at Ventura Pest Control. Contact us today to explore your commercial pest control options and plans.
What's The Most Effective Termite Control Technique In Sylmar?
Termites cause a whole mess of problems for property owners in Sylmar. Of course, the largest problems center around property damage and the costs involved in making the necessary repairs. With costs averaging at $3,000 or more, you can't afford to let termite problems occur on your property. So what's the most effective termite control technique available? Is it looking for signs of an infestation? Is it grabbing the strongest insecticide at the store?
Actually, the best and most effective technique available is to seek out professional termite control services. Professionals can inspect the premises to a greater extent than your eyes alone can accomplish. More importantly, they have the resources needed to safely, quickly, and effectively eliminate your termite issues before they become huge problems.
We offer a wide range of termite solutions designed with your unique needs in mind. Contact our technicians today to discuss your termite control options and regain control of your property. Schedule your inspection and experience our termite-free guarantee.
Ant Prevention: What Sylmar Homeowners Ought To Know
Ants seem to come out of nowhere and multiply rapidly. While they may sneak up on you, the large numbers are due to colonies that host hundreds if not thousands of ants. Ant prevention is always better than ant control. The prevention tips you need to know include but aren't limited to:
- Clean Kitchens Matter: Wipe down the counters, wipe up spills, sweep up crumbs, and target the space under heavy appliances to prevent ants.
- Eliminate Entry Points: Ants are small, which means they can fit through nearly any opening. Seal up every crack, hole, or crevice. This goes double for areas around your pipes.
- Uneaten Pet Food: Whenever your pet isn't eating, keep the food stored properly in a sealed container the ants can't access.
- Eliminate Water: If the ants can't access water sources, they won't stick around.
With constant vigilance, you can enjoy pretty decent success in ant prevention. However, professional ant control from our technicians can give you the edge you need. Contact us today to discuss your ant control year-long needs and prevention plans.
A Handy Guide To Keeping Gophers & Squirrels Out Of Your Sylmar Yard
Gophers and squirrel are both rodents with strong front teeth. They gnaw on all kinds of things around your yard, and they can destroy vegetation and other aspects of your property. If you want to be proactive in your efforts to avoid these invaders, there are some things you can do.
Here’s a handy guide to keeping gophers and squirrels out of your Sylmar yard:
- Use fencing to create a physical barrier between your yard to make it difficult for gophers and squirrels to access.
- Use a wire mesh perimeter fencing extending a foot underground to keep them from tunneling.
- Use mulch and gravel around plants to make it harder for them to dig through.
- Use a lawn roller to pack your dirt tight, since it's easier to dig through loose soil.
- Use castor oil and other natural pest deterrents in your soil to protect plant roots.
If you’re looking for guaranteed protection from gophers, squirrels, and other rodents, the smartest approach is to secure ongoing gopher and squirrel control services from a team of experienced professionals. Ventura Pest Control is here to help. Call us today for all your gopher and squirrel control and prevention needs.
Sylmar Business Owner's Guide To Pest Bird Control
One of the biggest pest threats to Sylmar's local businesses comes not from the backyard, but from the skies above. Pest birds in Sylmar -- including pigeons, finches, and seagulls -- can cause big problems for Sylmar businesses, including property damage and the potential to transmit disease.
However, the removal of pest birds is less than simple. Many of these nesting animals are protected by state and federal law, making it difficult to control them without breaking the law.
The best way to handle pest bird control in Sylmar is to take a proactive approach:
- Seal any cracks or gaps in the roof where birds could be slipping inside.
- Trim trees and shrubs away from the sides of the building to prevent birds from using them as a bridge.
- Install bird netting around potential roosting areas, such as ledges and signs.
- Remove any sources of food or water that may be drawing birds nearby. Get rid of birdbaths and feeders that may be present on the property.
Already have an established pest bird infestation? Ventura Pest Control can help. We are proud to offer commercial pest bird control to Sylmar businesses of any size. From prevention methods to active treatments, we can easily rectify an infestation situation using humane treatments that adhere to all legal guidelines.
Learn more about pest bird control for Sylmar businesses by submitting an online contact form.
Protecting Your Sylmar Home From Cockroaches This Summer
The warmer it gets outside, the more active Sylmar's cockroach populations become. These unwelcome pests love nothing more than cool, dark homes that help them beat the heat, laying hundreds of eggs in preparation for winter.
Once cockroaches have made themselves comfortable inside the home, getting rid of them can be a real challenge. Take proactive steps to protect your Sylmar home from cockroach infestations by following these guidelines:
- Fix any leaks around the home, both inside and out. Cockroaches are attracted to moisture, so eliminating unnecessary sources of water will keep them away.
- Clean up spills and crumbs as soon as they happen. Don't leave food or water unattended for longer than a few hours, as this will only serve to foil your cockroach prevention techniques.
- Keep your home as clean as possible. Vacuum regularly, sweep the floors, and don't forget to dust!
If your Sylmar home needs more than just cockroach prevention, the discreet professionals at Ventura Pest Control will be available to help. Give our office a call or chat with us online to request a free cockroach control treatment quote.
Why Rodent Infestations In Sylmar Are Best Left To The Professionals
Rodent infestations in Sylmar are a reality for many homeowners, especially during the colder months when these pests are looking for a warm place to nest. The dangers are threefold: mice and rats can cause serious damage to your home, create potential health risks, and put a heavy tax on you and your family.
Rodents can also cause:
- The spread of disease
- The destruction of property
- The contamination of food
Trying to remove rodents from your home on your own is generally not recommended. These pests are experts at hiding and reproducing, making them difficult to fully eliminate without professional rodent control help. Worse, rats and mice may choose to lash out when cornered and inflict their pursuers with painful bites or scratches.
The best way to deal with a rodent infestation in Sylmar is to call the professionals at Ventura Pest Control. Consider your rodent problem as good as gone -- restoring your peace of mind all in one go.
Request Your Free Quote
Complete the form below to schedule your service.