Professional Pest Solutions For Ojai, CA Properties
The village of Ojai, CA, is situated in a valley in the Topatopa Mountains. We’re located 30 minutes inland from the coast, just northwest of Los Angeles and east of Santa Barbara. From our annual music and wine festivals to our family lavender festival, there is a lot to enjoy here in Ojai. Unfortunately, pests also enjoy it here, and that means property owners are vulnerable to experiencing pest infestation.
If you want to protect your Ojai home or business from the perils of pest infestation, it’s important to reach out to your local pest professionals. Ventura Pest Control is here to help. We are the largest, oldest, local family-owned and operated full-service pest company in all of Ventura County, bringing our customers guaranteed, pest-free results they can count on. Contact us today to get your free home estimate and we’ll set up your complimentary inspection right away.
Home Pest Control In Ojai, CA
Protecting your Ojai home from household pest infestation is our number one priority. Our team has serviced over 10,000 local homes, providing pest-free results that you and your loved ones can rely on all year long. Our residential pest control process includes:
Walk around the property to identify existing pest issues.
Consult with the client to learn more about what they’re experiencing.
Develop an effective treatment strategy to meet your needs.
Initial Service Visit
Perimeter treatment using Termidor (in spring and summer months).
Selection of products to deter general pest activity.
De-webbing and de-nesting of the house.
Exterior maintenance, interior as needed.
Follow-up scheduled at your preference.
In addition to our ongoing service options, we also offer one-time services with a 20-day guarantee. Reach out to us today to discuss your residential pest control needs. We’ll work with you to come up with the right approach for your family and your property.
Commercial Pest Control In Ojai, CA
The team at Ventura Pest Control is proud to provide complete commercial pest solutions to a broad range of businesses in the area. Some of the facilities we’ve worked with include office spaces, industrial manufacturing, schools, medical facilities, multi-unit housing, food processing, and restaurants. When you go with us, you get:
- Customizable services per customer and business type.
- General pest control treatment with liquid products.
- Monitoring devices and rodent bait stations if necessary.
- Devices are all barcoded for convenient service logging and updates.
From start to finish, we’re with you every step of the way. Our services are customized and always effective. We cover general insect control, device monitoring, rodent bait stations, gopher and ground squirrel control, rat and mouse control, and stored product pest control. Reach out today to get started.
Five Easy-To-Spot Signs Of Bed Bugs Around Your Ojai Property
A bed bug infestation is a real nightmare, and it’s important to get ahead of the problem before it gets out of hand. Being able to detect bed bug activity is crucial so that you can address the problem promptly. The sooner you’re able to discover the problem, the sooner it can be addressed. Here are five signs easy-to-spot signs of bed bugs:
1. Brown spots of excrement found around bed bug hiding places.
2. Discarded eggshells and shed skin sound around hiding places.
3. Finding a line of tiny red bites on your body that wasn’t there when you went to sleep.
4. Red bloodstains found on bedding and linens left behind after feeding.
5. Seeing active bed bugs crawling around your bed or linens.
If you discover any of these signs, we recommend contacting the pest professionals right away. Here at Ventura Pest Control, we offer complete bed bug detection and extermination services, and we’re ready to provide you with the protection you deserve. Call today to get started.
Tips To Protect Your Ojai Business From Pest Birds
Bird infestation is a serious occurrence, and it can have detrimental effects on your Ojai business and everyone inside of it. The best approach to bird control is being proactive in your efforts to avoid them in the first place. Here are some useful tips for protecting your facility from pest birds:
- Keep garbage cans covered and maintain cleanliness.
- Keep trees directed away from the structure of your property.
- Keep vegetation and landscaping well-trimmed.
- Do not feed pest birds as this will encourage them to come back.
- Reduce sources of standing water, like birdbaths and gutters.
If you want guaranteed protection from bird infestation throughout the year, the most effective way to go is professional pest control services. Ventura Pest Control provides complete commercial pest solutions that protect your facility from pest birds and all kinds of other common area pests. Get in touch with us today to discuss your bird control and prevention needs.
An All-Inclusive Guide To Ant Control For Ojai Homeowners
Ant species in our area include acrobat ants, Argentine ants, carpenter ants, fire ants, odorous house ants, and pharaoh ants. Here is a quick guide to ants:
- Ants are social insects, so they infest in large numbers.
- Most ant species are a nuisance, so they aren't a danger to people, but other species pose significant concerns, including several ants in our area.
- Acrobat ants can damage electrical wires and appliances.
- Carpenter ants are wood-destroying pests and can damage a home.
- Fire ants are problematic because they are an invasive species that is much more aggressive than most others.
- Ants forage for their food, sometimes squeezing through cracks and gaps in a home's exterior to get inside and look for food.
- Ants communicate with pheromones (a chemical factor that triggers a social response), which they use when they find food or feel threatened.
- DIY ant control isn't effective and often makes the infestation worse.
- Obtaining professional pest control services to remove an ant infestation will save you time, money, and stress.
No matter what type of ant infestation you are experiencing, you can look to Ventura Pest Control for your ant control and prevention needs. Contact us today to find out more and request a free quote!
All The Ways Cockroaches In Ojai Are Harmful To Your Health
Many people know how gross cockroaches are but don't realize that they are also dangerous. Unfortunately, these pests are also a common problem for homes in Ojai, so you should be aware of all the ways cockroaches are harmful to your health:
- When cockroaches aren't infesting a property, they spend time near sewers, dumpsters, and decomposing organic matter, where they pick up germs that they later spread to your home.
- The germs cockroaches spread cause contamination that can make people sick.
- Cockroaches also spread pathogens that can lead to diseases and illnesses such as dysentery, E. coli, gastroenteritis, giardia, salmonellosis, and typhoid fever.
- As cockroaches make their way around a home, they will leave shed skin, droppings, and urine.
Cockroaches are gross and dangerous, but they are also resilient and difficult to eliminate. These critters can live several weeks without food, a week without water, and a week without their head. They also have increased immunity to conventional pest control products, among other attributes that allow them to survive different pest control methods.
Don't stress yourself by trying to implement costly and ineffective pest control independently because Ventura Pest Control offers specialty services to treat cockroaches. Reach out to our team to find out how we can help protect you and your family from cockroaches.
What Ojai Property Owners Need To Know About Occasional Invaders
As the name suggests, occasional invaders infest occasionally and aren't a problem in homes year-round. Occasional invaders include crickets, earwigs, pill bugs, and silverfish in our area. Here is what you should know about these types of pests:
- Most occasional invaders are nuisance pests, meaning they aren't dangerous to people.
- The presence of these pests is often an indicator of moisture issues because they look for a place similar to their natural habitat.
- The most common reason these pests infest is that they are looking for somewhere warm to overwinter.
- They get inside through cracks in the foundation, gaps around windows and doors, and other entry points.
To prevent occasional invaders in your home or remove them if they are already a problem, you should contact Ventura Pest Control. We provide one-time services or year-round protection for residential properties, so you don't have to pay for more than you need. Call and request a free quote to get started!
Why Rodents Are A Serious Concern In Ojai
Rodents are some of the most destructive and dangerous pests that infest residential properties, here's why:
- Rodents have front teeth that never stop growing, so they need to chew to keep them from overgrowing. Because of this, rodents will chew just about anything they can, including furniture, wires, and pipes.
- These pests will shred papers, fabrics, insulation, and other materials to create nests.
- When rodents infest, they will leave urine and droppings wherever they go, which can stain and damage surfaces and cause contamination.
- Rodents spread many diseases, including but not limited to hantavirus, leptospirosis, tularemia, salmonellosis, and rat-bite fever.
- They carry and spread parasites like mites, fleas, and ticks.
- Rodents can also irritate asthma and allergies.
What makes rodents even worse is how challenging they are to remove once they have infested. Rodents are prolific breeders and are more intelligent than you might think, so they are good at avoiding people.
But you can become and stay rodent-free in Ojai because Ventura Pest Control is here to help you control and prevent rodents!
Request Your Free Quote
Complete the form below to schedule your service.