Pest Control For Your Burbank, CA Home Or Business
Founded in 1887, the city of Burbank, CA, is located at the southeastern end of the San Fernando Valley. We’re just 12 miles northwest of downtown L.A., and we’re known for being home to some of Hollywood’s biggest studios. However, the glamour of Hollywood is a long way away when you consider the fact that pests are a year-round issue here in Burbank. These unwelcome guests expose local properties to infestation, and it’s important to protect yourself. That’s where we come in.
Ventura Pest Control is a local, family-owned, and operated company with over 60 years of experience in the world of pest control. Since 1959, we’ve been servicing local homes and businesses with dependable pest solutions that last. Our team works hard to provide you with extraordinarily friendly, professional services at affordable prices. Call us today for your free estimate and inspection.
Home Pest Control In Burbank, CA
Our residential pest solutions give homeowners guaranteed protection from household infestation. We offer year-round coverage from all kinds of common area pests, such as ants, spiders, cockroaches, bed bugs, rodents, occasional invaders, gophers, ground squirrels, stinging insects, termites, and birds. Our residential pest control services entail the following:
- Walk around the property to identify existing pest issues.
- Consult with clients to learn more about what they’re experiencing.
- Develop an effective treatment strategy to meet your needs.
- Perimeter treatment using Termidor (in spring and summer months).
- Selection of products to deter general pest activity.
- De-webbing and de-nesting of the house.
- Exterior maintenance, interior as needed.
- Follow-up scheduled at your preference.
We prioritize your safety and well-being, only using pesticides as a last resort. We’re proud members of the NPMA (National Pest Management Association) and CAI (Community Associations Institute), and we work hard every day to deliver results that are always safe, effective and guaranteed. Call today to learn more.
Commercial Pest Control In Burbank, CA
No matter what kind of business you run here in Burbank, it's important to address your commercial pest control needs. We service many local businesses with complete pest protection. Some of the properties we’ve worked with include office spaces, industrial manufacturing, school, medical facilities, multi-unit housing, food processing, and restaurants. In addition to our basic pest control services, we offer specialized solutions for rodent control, bird control, and device monitoring. With ongoing services throughout the year, you can feel confident knowing you’re thoroughly protected from infestation. Reach out today to get started.
Six Bed Bug Myths Burbank Property Owners May Still Believe
Bed bug infestation is a huge nightmare that no property owner wants to have to deal with. There’s a lot of fear spread about bed bugs, and a lot of misinformation out there. That’s why we’re here to set the record straight. Here are six common myths about bed bugs and the truth about these claims:
1. Myth – Bed bugs are only found in your bed. (Truth – Though commonly found in bedding, sheets, and linens, bed bugs can be found anywhere with nearby access to their food source, human blood. So, where humans spend their time, bed bugs can be found there.)
2. Myth- Bed bugs can fly from one place to another. (Truth – Bed bugs do not have wings; therefore, they cannot fly.)
3. Myth – Bed bugs only bite at night. (Truth – While it’s true that bed bugs are nocturnal, they do sometimes emerge during the light, daytime hours to feed.)
4. Myth – Bed bugs only infest unsanitary places. (Truth – Bed bugs can be found in any type of property, no matter how sanitary or well kept.)
5. Myth - If I keep my space free from clutter, bed bugs won’t infest. (Truth - While eliminating clutter will reduce potential harborage spots for the bed bugs, cleanliness has nothing to do with the likelihood of infestation.)
6. Myth - Bed bugs can hop far distances. (Truth - They hitchhike from one place to another via latching onto some other object or person that is traveling from one room to the next.)
When it comes to effective bed bug control, your best bet is to rely on a team of qualified pest professionals. Here at Ventura Pest Control, we offer complete bed bug detection and extermination services, giving you peace of mind to sleep through the night. Call today to learn more.
How To Stop Spiders From Making Their Way Into Your Burbank Home
Spiders can be sneaky about entering your Burbank home. They weave webs and lay eggs all around your property, and they can lead to large-scale infestation quickly. Try the following preventative measures to stop spiders from making their way into your home:
- Get rid of any bright outdoor lighting that may attract insects.
- Keep vegetation nice and trim; remove weeds and debris from your property.
- Maintain proper drainage and reduce excess moisture in and around your home.
- Remove spider webs and egg sacs from inside the house using a vacuum.
- Dispose of the vacuum bag in a trash bin with a fitted lid.
- Seal up any openings, cracks, and crevices that insects and spiders can enter through.
- Shake out your shoes, clothing, towels, and linens; reduce clutter as spiders love to hide in piles.
If you want to secure year-round protection from spider activity, the most effective approach is to get help from the pest professionals. We’re here to help identify, eliminate, and prevent spider activity in your home, guaranteed. Contact us for a detailed service quote.
A Step-By-Step Guide To Ant Control For Burbank Homeowners
Burbank homeowners often struggle against surging ant populations, especially during the hot summer months. These small, pesky insects can invade your home in large numbers and create chaos in and around your property.
If you're currently dealing with an ant infestation, you'll need to call a professional company like Ventura Pest Control for thorough household treatments. If you don't yet have ants in and around your home, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them for good.
- Start by reducing the amount of available food around your property. Eliminate any crumbs or spills from countertops, floors, and other surfaces. Store food in airtight containers and keep them sealed at all times. Don't leave pet food sitting out, opting instead for airtight storage.
- Take measures to keep ants out of your home. Check for any cracks or gaps in your foundation and seal them immediately. Install door sweeps on all exterior doors and repair any screens that have holes in them.
- Reduce any standing moisture that may provide drinking water to thirsty ant colonies. Remove tarps, toys, and ditches in the yard that capture rain.
Remember: if you already have an ant infestation, prevention steps will not be enough to eliminate the problem. Stop your household ant infestation fast with the high-quality assistance of Ventura Pest Control. Call today to discuss your next steps.
Don't Try To Get Rid Of Birds On Your Burbank Property On Your Own
Birds can be a beautiful sight around Burbank homes and businesses. However, they can also pose some serious health and safety risks as well.
Birds in and around your property can introduce disease, contaminate food sources, and cause other problems. If you're dealing with an infestation around Burbank, it’s best to call a professional company like Ventura Pest Control. Not only do we offer prevention steps and treatment opportunities, but our long-lasting bird control works well with any property type in Burbank. Here’s how it works:
- We'll start by identifying the type of bird or birds that are causing the problem. This is important because different types of birds require different removal methods.
- Once we've identified the birds, we'll develop a customized treatment plan just for your property. There's no job too big or too small for us to handle!
- Our team works quickly and efficiently to get rid of the birds on your property, while also taking steps to prevent them from returning in the future.
When you're ready for bird control that defends your entire property, look no further than Ventura Pest Control. Call today to speak with a pest control expert about our bird control services.
The Dangerous Truth About Cockroaches In Your Burbank Home
Cockroaches are often considered 'dirty' pests that are only attracted to unkempt or disorderly homes. However, this is a common misconception – and a dangerous one at that.
The dangerous truth about cockroaches is that they can infest any home environment, regardless of its status. From the cleanest kitchen to the most spotless dining space, roaches could build up a thriving colony in just under one year. This is because cockroaches simply aren't picky pests. These conniving insects take whatever they can get, and give nothing back.
Thankfully, not all is lost. Partnering with a professional cockroach control company like Ventura Pest Control allows homeowners to defend their homes with expertly applied treatments. Our cockroach control services include:
- Specialized cockroach treatments to target all stages of the pest's lifecycle.
- Prevention services and actionable treatments that are applied inside and outside.
- Scheduled visits to ensure that our team never misses a beat (or a roach).
For homeowners in Burbank, cockroach treatments are just a quick estimate away. Submit an online contact form to connect with a technician from Ventura Pest Control.
An Effective Rodent Control Guide For Burbank Property Owners
There's nothing more dreadful than a rodent in your Burbank home. As you may know, rats and mice are horrifying conduits of disease, oftentimes transporting bacteria, pathogens, and even secondary pests like fleas into the home. Their presence should never be tolerated around the home – not for any reason.
Defending your home against rats and mice may be as easy as 1-2-3. Here's how to prevent rodents from infesting your property:
- Inspect your home for any and all entry points. If any are found, seal them with high-quality caulking or weatherstripping material.
- Trim back any trees, bushes, or shrubs that are touching your home. This overgrowth offers rodents a clear path into your home.
- Store all food items in airtight containers. This includes dry goods, produce, leftovers, and anything else that rodents may be able to access.
These prevention steps can help keep rats and mice out of your home, but professional methods are always the most effective. Get in touch with Ventura Pest Control to get rid of rodents for good. We are always ready to help!
Request Your Free Quote
Complete the form below to schedule your service.